If you dream of starting your podcast, you need to familiarize yourself with the best hosts around. This is the first step to getting your thoughts and ideas into the world!
You don’t want to just choose the first podcast host you find or hear about; you want to research your options before you create any content. If you start making episodes and distributing them on a platform you’re not in love with, you’re going to regret it. You’ll need a host that’s capable of connecting your show with followers and bringing in monetization.
On the same note, if you’re unhappy with your current provider, it’s time to switch podcast hosting platforms. There’s no point in sticking with a host that can’t meet your demands. Whether you’re looking to upload simple audio files or create more complex recordings with special effects, consider the top contenders currently on the market.
This brings us to our Podbean vs Buzzsprout review. While they have hundreds of thousands of users, there have key differences you need to know about before making a decision.
If you’re just starting or evaluating your current podcast hosting site, this comparison review is for you. Keep reading to learn more about two high-quality podcasting platforms within the industry: Buzzsprout vs Podbean.
- Podbean Vs Buzzsprout Comparison
- Is Podbean Legit?
- Buzzsprout Vs Podbean Comparison
- Is Buzzsprout Good?
- What is the Best Podcast Platform?
- Which Podcast Host Should I Use?
Podbean Vs Buzzsprout Comparison
What is Podbean?
Podbean is a podcasting platform that has offered innovative, easy to use services for over ten years. With several years of experience, this service has become a leading provider within the podcast industry. Currently, it has over 300,000 users all around the globe, and this number only keeps growing. It’s likely that a friend has recommended it to you.
A podcast publishing and monetization service, this hosting platform provides free and premium hosting packages for individual users as well as businesses.
A few of its features include:
- Unlimited Podcasting. This service offers 4 different plans, each better than the previous. Besides the basic option, which is free and only offers 5 hours worth of storage space, all of the plans offer unlimited bandwidth and storage. Users will also receive a podcast RSS automatically.
- Flat Rates. You’ll never pay hidden costs. Let’s say you publish a lot of content or become very popular; your rate will remain the same!
- Comprehensive Stats. Users will be able to see how their podcast is performing, learn their audience better, and implement necessary strategies to grow their fan base.
- Customizable Branding. Users will have access to different fonts, colors, and styles. With the many available layouts, you’ll be able to customize your podcast just how you want it.
- Sharing Tools. Podcasters will be able to share their podcast everywhere with embedded social sharing tools. They can connect their social media platforms to their podcast account, allowing them to post episodes automatically or create audiograms (videos you can use on Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Audience Engagement. Podcasters will get the opportunity to engage with their followers through feedback and discussions. This is a great way to attract more traffic to your podcast and build positive relationships with current listeners.
You can also try the free version before investing in a paid service. Read on to learn which podcast hosting platform plan best fits your needs!
This option is free and best for beginners or those who want to get a taste of this service. With this option, you’ll receive 5 hours of storage space and 100mb bandwidth per month.
While you’ll have access to limited features, you will receive the following functions:
- Podcast website
- Podcast RSS Feed and iTunes support
- Free themes (no access to PRO themes)
Unlimited Audio Plan
Next up is the Unlimited Audio Plan. It is $9 month if purchased annually or $14 per month if you prefer to pay monthly. This plan is best for audio podcasting.
Users will receive everything offered in the Basic option along with the following features:
- Unlimited Storage (audio only)
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Stunning PRO Themes
- Advanced Custom Design
- Podcast Advertising
Unlimited Plus Plan
A bit more expensive than the $9 month option, the Unlimited Plus is $29 a month if billed annually or $39 if podcasters prefer to pay every month.
This plan includes all the features offered in the Basic and Unlimited Audio along with the following:
- Unlimited Audio & Video Storage
- More Monetization Opportunities
This brings us to the largest plan offered by this hosting provider. The Business Plan is $99 month if paid annually or $129 if billed monthly. Most business podcasts decide to go with the $99 month option since they end up saving money long-term. We are talking about $360 in savings every year!
Users will receive the features from the Basic, Unlimited Audio, and Unlimited Plus, such as:
- Unlimited Podcast Channels
- Multiple Admins
- Ideal for podcast networks or business podcasts
- Private Podcast with SSO Authentication
- Live Chat Support
- Access to the app
Pros & Cons
Let’s break this down in a pros and cons list of this podcast provider. It’s easier to see what this provider has to offer when we separate the good from the bad.
- Basic Plan is free
- Flat rates with any plan
- App is available on both Android and iOS
- High-performance podcasts and live streaming
- Integrated with a free website builder
- Listeners can only post comments through the app
- People cannot subscribe without an account
- Security features are limited
- No money-back guarantee
Launching your very own podcast offers so many benefits. Here are some of the ones offered by this podcast host:
Simple Sign-Up Process
The process of signing up for an account is super easy. Instead of a free trial (like Buzzsprout offers), this platform offers users a $0 podcast plan to get their feet wet. Though features are limited, it will be a great way to navigate this platform and see if it’s a good choice.
For individuals who are ready to get started with a paid service, upgrading accounts is super easy and an RSS feed will be created in the process. With a paid account, users can submit their podcasts to iTunes, Google, Stitcher, Spotify, or any library of your choosing.
Podbean Podcast Application
Along with its website, the Podbean podcast hosting company has its very own app that’s ready to use. It’s extremely popular for iOS and Android users.
Podcasters can even record and publish their podcasts right from the application. Through the application, listeners can send comments and share their thoughts with the host. This is a great way to build relationships and keep listeners engaged.
Without a doubt, the app is among the most popular for iOS and Android. You’ll be able to record, edit, and publish episodes right from your phone.
Podbean’s user interface is different than Buzzsprout’s. It is not the most intuitive, but it is extremely easy to navigate and straight to the point. When you log into your account, you’ll see your main components:
- Media Manager
- Settings and uses
The website isn’t as simple as Buzzsprout, but it is just as effective. Users will obtain an overview of their account within seconds. Because of the straightforward design, getting used to this interface doesn’t take long.
How cool would it be for guests to call during your live podcast? Podbean makes this possible! It is the only podcast host with a Live Streaming Enhancement function.
Podcasters will be able to tune in co-hosts or guests calling from anywhere in the globe. They will need to use live stream throughout the app, which is absolutely free!
This is one of the main reasons users go with a Podbean RSS feed as opposed to Buzzsprout. Users do not have to use ads or affiliate marketing to make money; it’s easy to monetize just by posting content.
There is a reason over 300,000 podcasters use this host – every podcaster has the opportunity to monetize right from the start!
No doubt, every service has its disadvantages. Here are Podbeans:
- Posting comments. To post a comment, listeners must log into the Podbean podcast app. This limits interaction levels since it’s limited to the app only.
- Subscription Options. For audiences to subscribe, they need to create an account. However, they may still add the podcast RSS to directories without an account.
- Money-Back Guarantee. There is no Money Back Guarantee offered for now.
Overall, these downfalls are minor compared to all the benefits offered to users. Hopefully, in the near future, this brand will update its services and fix these small flaws.
Is Podbean Legit?
Podbean is considered to be the best hosting service in the world of podcasting. Its ease of use and many features make the website and application a one of a kind service, check out our full review of Podbean here.
You get so much more than you pay for with this hosting provider! It’s no surprise over 300,000 podcasters use this platform. In the industry since 2006, this platform has published over 7.5 million podcast episodes. It’s a fantastic option for beginners and experienced podcasters alike!
How does it compare with Buzzsprout? Keep reading this Buzzsprout vs Podbean review to find out!
Buzzsprout Vs Podbean Comparison
What is Buzzsprout?
Tom Rossi and Kevin Finn co-founded Buzzsprout in 2008. They designed this host as a way for beginners to create simple and efficient content.
Since it first started, it has become one of the most popular podcasting providers, with over 100,000 users. Small businesses, entrepreneurs, and podcasters all around the globe are reaping the benefits of Buzzsprout.
- Publish Episodes Quickly. All you need to do is upload your audio file, and Buzzsprout will handle the rest. You may publish episodes immediately or schedule to publish on a specific date.
- Advanced Podcast Statistics. Through this easy to use provider, you’ll be able to view the total number of downloads, which apps people are using to listen to you, and where people are listening. This is useful information to have when tracking progress and looking for ways to improve audience size.
- Top Podcast Directories. You can get your podcast listed on so many popular directories like Apple Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and more!
- Transcribed Episodes. To make your podcast more accessible, Buzzsprout has the ability to transcribe podcasts. Not only does this make it more accessible to the hearing impaired, but it also ranks your content on search engines.
- Multiple Podcasts. Users can create as many podcasts as they’d like under one account and have as many people as they’d like managing their podcasts.
- Customization Options. Through Buzzsprout, you’ll be able to create stunning podcast players with necessary controls (skip forward, reverse, etc.), share icons, and customization options.
Buzzsprout has a 4-tier pricing option. You can get started at no cost through the 90 day free trial. With this option, you’ll get 2 hours upload per month. After the complimentary 90 days, you’ll have the following options:
- $12/month for 3 hours upload
- $18/month for 6 hours upload
- $24/months for 12 hours upload
If you’re just starting off, the $12/month option with 3 hours may be best for you. However, for experienced and serious podcasters, we recommend the $24/month plan due to the 12 hour upload time. This option saves overhead costs more than any other.
It’s important to note that all pay options include:
- Podcast Statistics
- Podcast Website
- Custom Embed Players
- Podcast Directories
- 250 GB Bandwidth per month
Also, a nice perk of this service is that there are no contracts required. Services are paid on a month-to-month basis. This means at any time, you could change your plan or cancel your current one. Buzzsprout is offering all Wired Clip readers a free $25 Amazon gift card for sign up who use this link.
Pros & Cons
- Great for beginners because of its simple interface
- Episodes can be transcribed
- Unlimited storage with all paid plans
- No contract or credit card required
- 90-day free trial
- Does not come with a free website builder
- Customer support is only available through e-mail
Wondering how Buzzsprout will benefit your podcast? Here are a few reasons you’ll enjoy this provider:
Getting Started is Straightforward
Buzzsprout offers a 90 day free trial so that you can try this service out for yourself. To get started, all you need to do is provide some basic details like your name and address.
After entering your account information, you are ready to start experiencing the Buzzsprout podcast hosting platform. Within your first 90 days, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Set up your account
- Create an RSS feed
- Record your first podcast
- Upload your podcast to Buzzsprout
Your free trial gives you plenty of time to explore Buzzsprout’s features. When you join and create an account, you will have access to guides and tutorials. Buzzsprout make sure you have all the resources necessary to succeed in the world of podcasting. Its ease of use is unrivaled and an excellent option for those new to a podcast.
Buzzsprout’s user interface is aesthetically pleasing and very clean. The menu is very straightforward, and if you need help, there is always a resource on hand.
After setting up an account, Buzzsprout will create a podcast RSS feed for you automatically. This is a complex step you don’t have to figure out yourself.
The website has three sections. The first section highlights the components of the system, including:
- Podcast Settings
The information within this section gives users an overview of how Buzzsprout works.
The second section highlights the following:
- Podcast Overview
- Episodes Downloads
- Apps and Devices
- Listening Location
This section shows how Buzzsprout caters to different ways that people learn.
Finally, the third section of Buzzsprouts site offers:
- A quick overview of your profile
- Recorded Podcasts
- Help Resources
We love how thorough its website is. Although it’s meant for all skill levels, Buzzsprout is particularly popular among beginners because of its simplicity and functionality.
Money on the Go
You’re most likely a podcaster because you want to share your thoughts and ideas to the world. However, another part of you is in it for the money! We don’t blame you. Why not make money doing something you love?
With Buzzsprout, you don’t need to worry about monetization. This provider already has an in with partners that you can work with to grow your brand.
You can get your podcast into several leading directories like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and more! This is a great way to reach millions of listeners and make your audio files accessible all around the globe.
Just like any other podcast provider, there are some downfalls to selecting Buzzsprout as your podcast hosting platform.
While not many, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Limited Hours. When compared to leading providers, Buzzsprout does not include enough upload hours within each plan.
- No Website Builder. This podcast host does not offer a free website builder that you can integrate within your podcast. If you are interested in developing a website, you will need to create one through WordPress separately.
- Poor Customer Service. If you need instant support, you will be disappointed with Buzzsprout’s communication options. Currently, they only offer customer support through e-mail. Nowadays, many brands have online chat ready for users with questions. Hopefully, they’ll jump on the bandwagon too!
- No Video Hosting. The last downfall we’ve noticed is that Buzzsprout does not offer video hosting along with the audio hosting version. By incorporating this feature, they’ll most likely see a large increase in users.
Is Buzzsprout Good?
Buzzsprout offers a very simple way to host, promote, and track your podcast. In short, yes, Buzzsprout is good. However, if this host wants to be at the top of the podcasting industry, its team needs to work out certain features like the limited hours and lack of website builder check out our full buzzsprout review here for more.
What is the Best Podcast Platform?
The best podcast platform depends on your personal needs. Because both of these platforms are very similar, it can be difficult to choose the best one for you.
Both services offer amazing benefits, with only a few minor variations. Consider the following before making a decision:
- Both platforms offer services that help any type of podcaster (beginning or seasoned).
- When it comes down to price, both providers offer affordable options and free-trials.
- Podbean has an available app for both iPhones and Android users and a free website builder.
- Buzzsprout offers a cleaner interface for beginners than Podbean does.
All in all, either one of these sites is a great choice because they’re easy to use and offer a hassle-free experiences. It will be the small details that inform your decision.
Which Podcast Host Should I Use?
Without a doubt, both options are excellent hosting platforms. Understand that there is no perfect option on the market. The podcast host you should use depends on whether you’re an experienced podcaster or a beginner. Podbean is great for all-inclusive users, while Buzzsprout is the better option for beginners.
Hopefully, after reading this Buzzsprout and Podbean review, you have a clearer understanding of both services and which one will serve your needs better. We encourage you to try out both free trials to see which provider resonates best with you and what you’re trying to achieve!
This brings us to the end of our Buzzsprout vs Podbean review. Both excellent options, you can’t go wrong with either one of these services. If you’re serious about your career as a podcaster, we encourage you to invest in a quality podcast host today. The hardest part is starting, but with either of these options, getting started is a breeze!