Many beginner podcasters look for free or low-priced podcast hosting platforms with a decent amount of features to put up their new shows.
But as a show and its audience grow over time, podcasters then start looking for better platforms with more robust features such as a custom mobile app, integration with their websites, data analytics, and many more.
If you’re looking for a powerful podcast hosting platform to help grow your show, you’ve likely already heard of Libsyn.
Libsyn is one of the oldest and biggest podcast hosting platforms. It provides a wide range of tools and functionalities to help beginners grow and succeed in the podcasting space.
But is Libsyn good for podcasting?
We’ll take you through a quick tour of the platform and its important features, advantages, and disadvantages to help you decide if it’s worth your money.
What Is Libsyn?
Libsyn is an online podcast hosting platform that first rolled out in 2004. As one of the oldest, biggest, and most popular podcast platforms, its developers surely know what they are doing.
It provides fantastic features and tools that allow users to upload, publish, promote, and monetize their podcast shows. Podcasters can also list their shows on leading podcast directories such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and others.
Moreover, Libsyn offers detailed audience statistics, custom episode publishing, integrated publishing, enterprise-level tools, and more to help podcasters capture a wide audience.
Next, let us look at Libsyn’s pros and cons.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Easy to use, especially for advanced podcasters
- Customization options for episode publishing
- Integrated publishing to many leading podcast platforms
- Enterprise-level tools
- Custom mobile apps
- Fantastic promotional and monetization tools
- Mobile-compatible player
- Podcast Page mini-site
- Use of custom domain
- Audio, video, text, and PDF formats
- Option for multiple shows
- Regular software updates
- Advanced analytics to track audience growth
- Robust third-party app integration
- Responsive customer support
- Extensive educational resources to help users get started and grow
- Affordable pricing plans
- Interface may be confusing for beginners
- Frequent software upgrades can be difficult to adjust to
- No audience demographic data, such as age, gender, and listening time
- No option for a free plan or trial period
How Does Libsyn Compare to the Competition?
Next, let’s take an in-depth look at Libsyn’s unique features and how they stand out:
Libsyn’s Integrated Publishing feature allows you to list your show on more than 20 podcast directories, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Pandora. Libsyn also automatically lists your show in its directory so that more listeners can discover it.
Podcasters can also custom publish episodes and optimize their podcasts for Apple Podcasts. You can control what appears as the title, summary, categories, episode type, season number, episode number, rating, and author.
You can also insert the following elements:
- Immediate or future episode release date
- Episode expiration date
- Episode download availability settings
- ID3 tag settings
- Episode drafts
- Publishing destinations and availability
- Episode artwork thumbnail and widescreen
Libsyn users also get access to the WordPress Libsyn Publisher Hub. This tool enables smooth publishing plugin integration for those who have WordPress websites.
- Podcasters also get an RSS feed that fully complies with Apple Podcasts and other leading podcast platforms. You can host and distribute podcasts with audio, video, PDFs, and text via the RSS feed. This flexibility means you can easily leverage an audio or video media player tailored to your podcast so you can connect with a larger audience.
- Libsyn’s FTP Upload Support tool allows users to upload large files with ease. In the File Manager section, you can also quickly find all your file details and the videos, PDFs, images, and other assets that you upload with your episodes.
Custom Podcast Branding
- Libsyn’s Podcast Page mini-sites provide a custom-branded, mobile-friendly listening destination. So even if you do not have a dedicated podcast website, your listeners can locate your show on the Podcast Page.
- You can also create your own customized mobile app for iOS and Android devices. This way, you can impress your fans with your top-notch branding efforts beyond your website.
- If you already have a custom domain for your podcast, you can easily integrate it with Libsyn’s interface. You can easily keep your website and RSS feed unique to your podcast.
- Color Swatches is another great Libsyn feature. You can apply your brand colors across customizable tools such as the Podcast Page and maintain consistent branding.
Libsyn provides detailed podcast analytics to all users. With the User-Agent Stats tool, you can understand which platform works best for your show.
Geographic Heat Map is another analytical tool that will help you visualize your international popularity and audience concentration.
With Social Media Stats, you get basic performance reports from the connected social media accounts you’ve synced with Libsyn.
And the Downloadable Stats Reporting tool allows you to quickly export your reports to measure your marketing performance and analyze trends.
Many other stats tools, such as Destination Stats, Date Range Selector, Episode Stats and Breakdowns, and Day, Week, and Month Stats, will help you analyze other podcast metrics and grow your audience.
➡️ Libsyn vs Blubrry
➡️ Libsyn vs Podbean
➡️ Libsyn vs SoundCloud
➡️ Libsyn vs Anchor
➡️ Libsyn vs Buzzsprout
Libsyn allows podcasters to monetize their shows through advertisements and subscriptions. You have complete control over the advertisements and content that you put up.
On the AdvertiseCast Marketplace, you can connect with more than 1,500 advertisers and creators.
You can also increase your revenues with MyLibsyn, where you can create podcast subscriptions for your show or your entire network. With these subscription programs, you can deliver exclusive podcast content and many other benefits to your paying audience.
The LibsynPro Plan provides access to the platform’s enterprise-level tools and features. Under this plan, you can access the following functionalities:
- Multi-user, back-end account management
- Foolproof security
- Highly accurate and robust podcast statistics
- Customizable apps and monetization options
- Complete brand customization
- Professional marketing campaigns
- Easy import of podcast shows
- Interface training for teams
- Special terms of service
Is Libsyn good for podcasting? If you’re an experienced podcaster, this platform provides a wide range of advanced tools and features at affordable rates.
You can grow your show quickly with Libsyn’s promotion and monetization tools and easy visibility with its integrated publishing feature.
We hope that you enjoyed reading this blog post and found it helpful. Check out our website for more such articles and guides.