If you love listening to podcasts on Spotify, you might know how to hide a podcast on the homepage, but do you know how to loop a podcast on Spotify?
Knowing how to do this will ensure you can put a podcast on repeat in the background while you work or do other activities, in the same way that you repeat songs.
Is it easy to loop content on Spotify? Whether you’re using this streaming platform on your desktop or mobile device, Spotify makes it easy for you to put music or podcasts on a loop thanks to its “repeat” button.
However, the method you should use will vary depending on your device and if you want to loop a song or podcast. With this in mind, here’s everything you need to know about how to loop a podcast on Spotify.
We’ll also look at how you can loop songs so that you can listen to them as many times as you want in one sitting.
How To Loop A Podcast On Spotify
You were listening to the Joe Rogan Experience or another popular podcast on Spotify, and it was such an awesome episode that you’ll love to listen to it again.
Learning how to loop a podcast on Spotify can be a bit tricky because the method varies from how you’d loop a song. This is because you can’t choose podcasts to put on repeat.
You will have to add the podcast you want to repeat to a queue. This will ensure that it starts to play again after the podcast episode has finished.
Here are the steps on how to loop a podcast on Spotify:
- Start playing the podcast episode that you want to loop.
- Tap on the three dots located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Add to Queue” option.
Adding a Podcast to Your Spotify Queue
- Choose the episode of the podcast that you want to add to your queue. To do this, press the ellipsis on the right of the episode title.
- Press “Add to queue.” This ensures that the episode will be lined up to play after whatever is currently playing on your device.
You can also save podcast episodes if you’d prefer to play them at a later stage. To do this, you’ll have to add them to a playlist.
Looping a Song on Spotify Desktop
If you’ve downloaded Spotify to your desktop, it’s really simple to loop a song. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open Spotify on your PC or Mac.
- Play the song you want to put on a loop.
- In the playback bar on your screen, you’ll see media controls.
- Find the “repeat” button. Press it twice.
- You’ll see that once you’ve clicked the button it will turn green and a small “1” will appear on it. This means that Spotify will play the selected song over and over again in a loop.
- When you want to turn off this feature, go back to the “repeat” button and click it until it turns grey.
Looping a Song on Spotify for Android
If you own an Android device, you’ll have to follow these steps to repeat a song on Spotify.
- Open Spotify on your Android device.
- Start playing the song you want to repeat.
- Open the song so that it fills your entire screen by pressing the playback bar, which is located at the bottom of your screen.
- Find the “repeat” button – it looks like an arrow turning clockwise.
- Press it once so that the button becomes green. You’ll see there’s a dot below it. This will enable you to listen to the song in an album or playlist.
- Press the button again if you want to repeat the current song you’re playing. You’ll see that a “1” pops up on the green arrow.
Looping a Song on Spotify for iPhone
On an iPhone device, the instructions to loop a song are similar to those of previous devices we’ve featured. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Open Spotify on your iPhone.
- Choose a song to play and start playing it.
- Click on the bottom banner so that you open the song player. In this banner, you’ll see a heart, the song title, the artist’s name, and the play/pause button.
- Click the icon with three dots, located on the top right of the screen, so you can view the settings for the song you’re playing.
- Select the “repeat” button (it’s in the middle of the screen). You have to press it twice. The button will become green with a “1” on it to signify that you’re choosing to play it on a loop.
Note that if the “repeat” button doesn’t seem to work for the song you’ve selected, you should place the song into a new playlist you’ve created so it’s the only song on the list. Press the “repeat” button once so that it will play on repeat.
Optimizing Spotify App for Seamless Playback
The Spotify app is the go-to platform for millions worldwide, offering an extensive library of songs, podcasts, and playlists. With both a free and premium version, users can tailor their listening experience to suit their preferences. Whether you’re using the Spotify mobile app or the Spotify web player, the intuitive interface ensures a user-friendly experience. From the “now playing bar” to the “album art” display, every feature is designed for optimal navigation. And for those who have a Spotify Premium account, additional features like offline listening and ad-free playback make the experience even more enriching.
Loop a Song on Spotify: Replay Your Favorites Endlessly
There’s always that one song or podcast episode that resonates so deeply, you want to listen to it on repeat. Fortunately, Spotify’s “loop feature” makes this easy. To loop a song, simply navigate to the “now playing bar”, and look for the “repeat button” or “repeat icon”. Clicking it will put your current song or entire playlist on repeat. The difference between the “repeat songs” and “loop songs” feature is subtle but essential. While the former lets you replay the same song endlessly, the latter ensures your playlist keeps playing indefinitely. So the next time you want your favorite song playing endlessly in the background, you know just what to do!
Navigating the Spotify Desktop App
For those who prefer the expansive view and functionalities of a desktop, the Spotify desktop app is a game-changer. Optimized for both PC and Mac, this version of Spotify combines all the beloved features of the platform with the ease of desktop navigation. Whether you’re looking to “convert Spotify music” for offline enjoyment or explore the intricate details of a track’s “song title” and “album art”, the desktop app has it all. And with the “spotify loop button” conveniently placed, looping your favorite song is just a click away.
- Spotify Stats
- Can You See Who Listens To Your Podcasts On Spotify
- Pandora Vs Spotify
- Amazon Music Vs Spotify
Can You Loop Songs In Spotify Free?
You can only put songs on repeat on your Android or iPhone device if you’re a Spotify Premium subscriber. However, you can loop songs in Spotify Free when using it on your desktop.
Why Does Spotify Stop Playing A Song?
If Spotify stops playing a song halfway into it, this could be because your Wi-Fi connection isn’t reliable or the Spotify app you’re using needs to be updated.
You don’t have to limit yourself to listening to your favorite song or podcast once. You can learn how to loop a podcast on Spotify, or a song, by following some easy steps.
In this article, we’ve featured all the information you need to know about how to play songs and podcasts on repeat.
Although you might assume that you can loop a podcast episode in the same way you loop songs, you have to do it a bit differently but it’s pretty straightforward.