As a podcast creator, there’s more to delivering a great show than just recording the episode. Where and how you host your podcast will also significantly impact your success, and if you’re brand new to this format, you’ll probably want something free and easy to use.
What are the best free podcast hosting unlimited storage platforms? There are plenty of podcast hosting services that offer a free plan, as well as the option to upload an unlimited number of files.
Some of the bigger names include Anchor, Buzzsprout, Acast, and Spreaker, each with a unique set of features.
A good podcast needs a reliable host behind it, and if you’re in the market for a free podcast hosting unlimited storage platform that has endless possibilities, we can help.
We’ve rounded up a selection of the best free podcast hosting unlimited storage platforms, giving you fine options to choose from.
- What is a Podcast Hosting Platform?
- The Best Free Podcast Hosting Unlimited Storage Platforms
- Create, distribute, and monetize your podcast—all for free.
- Record, Publish, Distribute and Monetize
- Your New Podcast Right Now for Free
- The Host with the Most
What is a Podcast Hosting Platform?
One of the biggest misconceptions about podcasts is that they’re ready to be shared with the world once they’ve been recorded.
Podcast hosting is the crucial step in the background of all this, providing you with a place to upload the finished audio file, a server to host your content, and a way to publish it to the relevant streaming platforms (also see, “Submit Your Podcast To iTunes“).
Podcast hosting services come with various features designed to suit both small- and large-scale content creators.
Most of them charge for this service, but there is a handful that offers a free plan that still has some great perks, making them a smart pick for podcasters who are new to the industry.
A podcasting hosting platform that offers unlimited storage will let you upload as many audio files as you need without putting a cap on storage levels.
Effectively, you could store every podcast episode with the hosting platform and never worry about your content disappearing.
The Best Free Podcast Hosting Unlimited Storage Platforms
With hundreds of options now at your fingertips for podcasting hosting, it can be hard to separate the good from the bad.
We’ve done the hard work for you and hand-picked our favorites into free podcast hosting platforms, with some that offer unlimited storage and other perks, without ever needing a paid account.
Anchor is a podcast hosting service owned by Spotify, so it makes sense that this streaming platform would have its hosting features to offer and be one of the most highly rated (also see, “Anchor Podcast Review“).
Their free hosting comes with features like unlimited storage, one show per account, one-click distribution, and advanced analytics, giving you everything you need to get started.
- Unlimited access to all of the tools and features of Anchor without having to pay a cent.
- The user interface is simple, and it’s easy to utilize all of the features, even for beginners.
- A revenue-sharing program makes it easy to earn money and takes the effort out of your hands.
- You won’t be able to build a website for your podcast so if you had visions of doing such, you’d need to find another host.
- The monetization options are limited to what Spotify offers with advertising, and only customers in the US will be able to access them.
Unlike other podcast platforms that dangle the carrot in front of users, there are no paid versions of Anchor that you must pay for to access features.
This is entirely free, and Spotify verifies that it will stay that way, so you don’t even have to worry about spending a cent just to publish your podcast.
Buzzsprout is one of the biggest hosting services around with a history spanning back to 2009.
Their podcast hosting features include detailed analytics, fast uploading speeds, and promotional tools, plus their close relationship with Spotify and iTunes makes them a popular choice (also see, “Buzzsprout Review“).
- Optimization of audio files once they’re uploaded and the ability to accept all kinds of file formats.
- Easy-to-use dashboard that’s been designed so that even absolute beginners can publish a podcast.
- Buzzsprout offers a range of free resources for podcasters, including video tutorials, industry podcasts, and a helpful online community.
- While it does offer free unlimited storage, you can only upload two hours of content a month which probably won’t be suitable for most.
- You’ll only be able to access the free plan for 90 days while you test the waters, then Buzzsprout asks you to upgrade to a paid plan.
The free plan with Buzzsprout is feature-rich but limited in how long you can use it, so if you want to stay with the host, you’ll need to pay. There are four paid plans to choose from if you do, ranging between $12 and $24 a month.
However, even at the highest level, the maximum storage possible is still only 12 hours of podcasts, which is sort of a letdown.
Acast is a paid podcast hosting platform that offers a generous free plan. Many features are available for beginner and basic podcasts, including unlimited storage, podcasting editing, marketing tools, and more.
- Unlimited storage on your account and unlimited outbound bandwidth give you room for everything you need.
- Access to some cool marketing tools to help you spread the word about your audio series and try to reach new listeners.
- Acast will help you build a basic website for your podcast, and it’s included in their free plan.
- The monetization options are limited on the free plan, so you’ll need to move up to a paid tier to earn through sponsorship and advertising.
- You can only operate one podcast on a free plan so if you have multiple it means managing a new account for each of them.
The free plan with Acast is pretty plentiful but if you want to get the most out of this hosting platform, upgrades are available.
The Influencer plan is just $14.99 a month with monetization options, and at the top level, their Ace plan costs $29.99 a month and has additional features like advanced support and transcripts.
Podomatic has been publishing podcasts for free since 2005, making it one of the longest-lasting in the business.
They allow for some uploads on their free version and it comes with lots of helpful tools to get your podcast on the ground, but like others, it pays to upgrade to a plan (also see, “Podomatic Review“).
- Podomatic has file conversion and optimization, so you can upload almost any type of file to be used on your podcast.
- More than just hosting, Podomatic lets you record, edit, publish and monetize your podcast without paying a cent.
- Even the paid plans are a lot cheaper than other podcast hosts so it’s a smart, budget-friendly approach.
- On the free version, you can only upload six hours or 20 episodes at a time, meaning most will want to upgrade eventually.
- The free plan has limited monetization options, so you’ll have to spend money to make money.
Although there’s a lot to offer on their free plan, Podomatic has, even more, features unlocked when you switch to one of their affordable paid ones.
With four plan options, including Pro for $2.99 a month, Pro Plus at $9.99 a month, Pro Platinum at $24.99 a month, and Broadcaster, which is customized to suit the podcast, there’s something here for every budget.
Spreaker’s motto is that they’re easy to start but powerful to scale, and they’re a great free option that lets you see what hosting is all about.
Among its features, you’ll find advanced analytics, a wide range of monetization options, and tools to help you grow your podcast from day one (also see, “Spreaker Review“).
- Spreaker lets you host up to five different podcasts on one account which is something no other free host does.
- Access to premium features like episode scheduling makes this one of the top performers you can access for free.
- The Spreaker Studio app lets you record and edit your podcast without moving away from this platform.
- You can’t monetize your podcast on a free plan with Spreaker, so it’s not ideal for those wanting to make money.
- Spreaker limits how much storage you get on the free plan, with just five hours of content storage possible.
The free option from Spreaker is somewhat limited but still an excellent way to dip your toes in and see what podcast hosting is all about until you’re ready to upgrade to a. paid plan.
You’ll find the On Air Talent plan budget-friendly at just $8 a month at the lower end of the scale. The Publisher plan costs $120 a month for those with a more serious podcast but unlocks 100% of the Spreaker features.
As one of the largest podcast hosting platforms in the world and one with plenty of benefits for free users, Podbean certainly deserved a place on our list.
Using this platform, you can create, manage, publish, and promote your show; it’s designed to be a one-stop shop for podcasters (also see, “Podbean Review“).
- An easy-to-use app that lets you work on your podcast from anywhere in the world.
- All of the support that paid users to enjoy will be offered to those on free plans, including iTunes support and an RSS feed.
- It goes above and beyond most hosting platforms by letting users also create and promote their podcasts using just this service.
- If you’re on a free plan, you won’t be able to use your domain name, so there are some limitations.
- The storage capacity on the free plan is just five hours’ worth of podcasts, so you’ll likely want to upgrade after a month.
The Podcast Starter plan is free for users and still has plenty to offer, but as your podcast grows, you can also scale up your plan.
The unlimited audio plan is just $9 a month with unlimited storage but with no options for monetization, or you can choose a plan for $29 a month.
At the higher end of the scale, the $99 a month Business plan is suitable for podcast networks and those who produce business podcasts.
Castbox is a free podcast app with over 20 million hosts relying on it to publish their audio programs. The thriving podcast app is home to some of the most popular series around and they have a whopping 95 million episodes on offer, signaling just how good they are.
- Almost everything is available to users on the free plan, so it’s not like you’re missing out on anything sticking with this model.
- Castbox has a solid reputation in the podcast world, and they back this up with loads of features and tools you can employ.
- The Castbox app is user-friendly, and lets you take your podcast every step of the way on a handheld device.
- Getting information on the storage space offered by Castbox is hard, and it seems to change frequently.
- The ads displayed in free mode can sometimes be overwhelming, so it’s better to spend a little and upgrade to remove them.
The Castbox premium plan unlocks benefits like no advertising, a personalized homepage, and unlimited subscriptions. The good news is, it’s a lot cheaper than you would guess and only costs around $10 annually.
There are other levels of premium plans on offer, but unless you’re hosting a podcast network and are looking for a solution, you don’t need to know about them.
Exclusive Offer 35% OFF
Receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card
Starting at $17 a month
The Host with the Most
A podcast hosting service doesn’t have to cost a fortune just to be efficient, including how much storage they’re willing to offer.
We hope that our recommendations for the best free platforms will help you find a podcast host that can take your audio series to the next level without breaking the bank.