Podcasts are a great way to share your knowledge and expertise, network with others in your industry, expand your audience, and even generate revenue.
But with so many podcast hosting sites and platforms out there, it can be challenging to choose one that will provide all the features and functionalities you need without breaking the bank.
Fortunately, there are many free podcast hosting sites to choose from. You can store and host your show on these platforms and distribute them to leading podcast directories to market them to an audience of millions.
You can also analyze listener metrics and access data that will help you grow your show and reach more people.
Read on for a deep dive into the five best free podcast hosting platforms to help you get started in podcasting.
Free Podcast Hosting Sites
Launched in 2009, Buzzsprout is one of the oldest and most popular free podcast hosting sites out there.
This web-based podcast hosting software provides podcasters with a free plan with a wide range of powerful tools to launch, upload, market, and monetize their shows.
Using this platform, you can safely store and host your episode files. Moreover, you can distribute them to leading podcast directories such as:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Podcast Index
Here are the other features that you get with Buzzsprout’s Free plan:
- Work with an easy, user-friendly design and layout
- Store your episodes securely for 90 days
- Maintain RSS feeds easily
- Publish your show directly to your WordPress website using the WordPress plugin
- Add unlimited team members to your account
- Access automatic episode optimization and a podcast player
- Analyze podcast audience metrics and growth using its advanced podcast analytics tool
- Integrate your website with all relevant social media accounts
- Insert ads into episodes with the Dynamic Content Tool
- Partner with affiliate companies on Buzzsprout’s Affiliate Marketplace
- Solicit one-time donations from your listeners via a PayPal button on your podcast site
- Great for new and seasoned podcasters alike
- Used by more than 300,000 podcasters globally
- Seamless and intuitive user interface
- Easy podcast management
- Supports audio and video file formats
- Valuable learning resources
- Excellent customer support
- Advanced audience analytical data
- Various marketing and monetization tools
- Only 2 hours of uploads every month
- Automatically removes podcast files after 90 days
- Limited options for podcast website customization
- Multiple podcast channels are only available with paid plans
- Ad-free podcast websites are only available with paid plans
- Episode transcriptions must be paid for
- No membership plan with unlimited audio podcasts
Podbean is a leading free podcast hosting site that provides podcasters with tools and features to help them grow their shows and listener base.
This powerful podcasting service allows new and experienced podcasters to securely record, upload, publish, scale, and monetize their shows.
With Podbean, you can send your show to top podcast directories such as:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
Podbean’s Basic plan is free for all podcasters. You only have to sign up on the platform to start using the following features:
- Host 5 hours of episodes or around 500 MB of files
- Use up to 100 GB monthly bandwidth for free
- Access a Premium podcast recording mobile app for iOS and Android devices to create professional-sounding episodes
- Livestream your shows
- Create a user-friendly podcast website with an embeddable podcast player
- Access basic IAB-certified podcast statistics and analytics
- Distribute your show to leading podcast listening apps and directories
- Use beautiful, mobile-friendly website templates and podcast themes for your website
- Connect social media accounts
- Take listener calls and receive comments in real-time
- Used by more than 600,000 podcasters worldwide
- Suitable for beginners and experienced podcasters alike
- Up to 5 hours of storage space
- Monthly bandwidth of 100 GB
- Create pro-sounding podcast episodes using the recording app
- Podcast livestreaming
- Create podcast website
- Embeddable podcast player and podcast themes
- IAB-certified podcast stats
- Unlimited storage space and unmetered bandwidth require a paid plan
- No video podcasts, custom design, domain mapping, or multiple podcast channels on the free plan
- Access to monetization and business podcasting tools requires a paid plan
Spreaker is a popular podcast hosting software from iHeartRadio that rolled out in 2010. Best for new and established podcasters, it is a one-stop shop for everything you need to create, upload, distribute, and market your show.
Best for new and established podcasters, it is a one-stop shop for everything you need to create, upload, distribute, and market your show.
Its Free Speech plan allows you to distribute your show to major distribution platforms:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
Here are some of the other features and functionalities that you can access with Spreaker’s Free Speech plan:
- Store up to 10 podcast episodes
- Host multiple shows on a single account
- Access the premium mobile app to produce your podcast
- Livestream your show for up to 15 minutes at a time
- Access basic IAB-compliant podcast statistics and analytics to measure your growth and expand your reach
- One of the best free podcast recording studios available for free
- Broadcasting software and mixers for advanced production tools
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Live broadcasting for 15 minutes per episode
- Basic IAB-certified stats
- Host and manage multiple podcasts on one account
- Available for Android and iOS devices
- Upload only ten podcast episodes
- Statistics only cover six months of listener data
- Only paid users can monetize their shows
- No advanced features and tools such as auto uploads, customization, collaboration, and priority customer support
- Episode size of only 300 MB for all pricing plans
Anchor is another popular free podcast hosting site that is used by millions worldwide. And unlike most leading podcasting platforms, this one is entirely free. It has no hosting fees, paywalls, or hidden charges.
Once you join, you can use all of the offered features without worrying about upgrading to a paid plan when your needs change.
Spotify owns anchor, so there is no doubt that its team knows all about the inner workings of podcasting.
It is fantastic for beginners and professional podcasters alike because it provides a wide range of powerful tools for hosting, distributing, marketing, monetizing, and analyzing podcasts.
With Anchor, you can easily distribute your show to major platforms such as:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Pocket Casts
Here is a list of Anchor’s best features:
- Use unlimited storage for all of your podcast episodes
- Easily produce your show on the app
- Access its powerful advertising tool Ads by Anchor to find sponsors and monetize your show (US residents only)
- Access IAB-certified metrics and engagement insights to understand how to grow your show
- Integrate full audio tracks from Spotify into your show
- Seamlessly record audio and video podcasts on Riverside and publish them directly on Spotify
- Create a basic podcast website.
- Upload files up to 250 MB
- Combine multiple files into a single episode
- Upload unlimited episodes
- One-step distribution to leading podcast directories
- Maintain all ownership rights to your content
- IAB-compliant analytical metrics and engagement insights
- Monetize your show (US residents only)
- Add full tracks from Spotify to your episodes
- Quick and seamless video podcasting
- Basic podcast website
- No limit on episode size
- Technical issues
- Host only one podcast per account
- Upload files only up to 250 MB each
- Monetization options are limited to US residents
Acast offers a lot of unique features with its free Starter plan. Acast offers a lot of unique features with its free Starter plan. You can record, edit, upload, publish, promote, and monetize your show on a single platform.
Getting started with podcasting or migrating your existing show to this service is incredibly easy.
You can send your show to every podcast directory, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, and Amazon Music.
Check out the best features of Acast’s Starter plan:
- Apple Podcasts
- Amazon Music
Check out the best features of Acast’s Starter plan:
- Access unlimited hosting, bandwidth, uploads, and downloads regardless of the size of your show
- Record and edit unlimited hours of studio-quality podcasts
- Record content in separate tracks, add music, sound effects, and audio tracks
- Create a free RSS feed
- Create a beautiful podcast website that automatically updates when you publish new episodes
- Embed Acast’s sleek custom web player on your website, blog, and social media accounts
- Access IAB-certified metrics, such as episode downloads, episode performance, new listeners, geography, app listens, and web player data
- Connect with your audience via Acast+ memberships and offer custom subscriptions and one-time payments
- Monetize your podcast through ads and sponsorships
- Migrate all episodes of your show to Acast seamlessly, without your listeners noticing any changes
- Access an AI episode transcription tool
- Use Snipper to create audio and video clips for social media promotion
- Studio-quality recording and editing
- Unlimited podcast hosting, bandwidth, and episode uploads and downloads
- Free RSS feed
- Easy import from another platform
- Beautiful, intuitive podcast website
- Custom embeddable web player
- Advanced IAB-certified metrics
- AI episode transcription service
- Monetization through ads and listener support
- Manual submission of the RSS feed to podcast listening platforms
- Ads on the podcast website
- Only one podcast per account
7 Free Podcast Platforms With Unlimited Storage
As a podcast creator, there’s more to delivering a great show than just recording the episode. Where and how you host your podcast will also significantly impact your success, and if you’re brand new to this format, you’ll probably want something free and easy to use.
What are the best free podcast hosting unlimited storage platforms? There are plenty of podcast hosting services that offer a free plan, as well as the option to upload an unlimited number of files.
Some of the bigger names include Anchor, Buzzsprout, Acast, and Spreaker, each with a unique set of features.
A good podcast needs a reliable host behind it, and if you’re in the market for a free podcast hosting unlimited storage platform that has endless possibilities, we can help.
We’ve rounded up a selection of the best free podcast hosting unlimited storage platforms, giving you fine options to choose from.
What is a Podcast Hosting Platform Site?
One of the biggest misconceptions about podcasts is that they’re ready to be shared with the world once they’ve been recorded.
Podcast hosting is the crucial step in the background of all this, providing you with a place to upload the finished audio file, a server to host your content, and a way to publish it to the relevant streaming platforms (also see, “Submit Your Podcast To iTunes“).
Podcast hosting services come with various features designed to suit both small- and large-scale content creators.
Most of them charge for this service, but there is a handful that offers a free plan that still has some great perks, making them a smart pick for podcasters who are new to the industry.
A podcasting hosting platform that offers unlimited storage will let you upload as many audio files as you need without putting a cap on storage levels.
Effectively, you could store every podcast episode with the hosting platform and never worry about your content disappearing.
The Best Free Podcast Hosting Unlimited Storage Platforms
With hundreds of options now at your fingertips for podcasting hosting, it can be hard to separate the good from the bad.
We’ve done the hard work for you and hand-picked our favorites into free podcast hosting platforms, with some that offer unlimited storage and other perks, without ever needing a paid account.
Anchor is a podcast hosting service owned by Spotify, so it makes sense that this streaming platform would have its hosting features to offer and be one of the most highly rated (also see, “Anchor Podcast Review“).
Their free hosting comes with features like unlimited storage, one show per account, one-click distribution, and advanced analytics, giving you everything you need to get started.
- Unlimited access to all of the tools and features of Anchor without having to pay a cent.
- The user interface is simple, and it’s easy to utilize all of the features, even for beginners.
- A revenue-sharing program makes it easy to earn money and takes the effort out of your hands.
- You won’t be able to build a website for your podcast so if you had visions of doing such, you’d need to find another host.
- The monetization options are limited to what Spotify offers with advertising, and only customers in the US will be able to access them.
Unlike other podcast platforms that dangle the carrot in front of users, there are no paid versions of Anchor that you must pay for to access features.
This is entirely free, and Spotify verifies that it will stay that way, so you don’t even have to worry about spending a cent just to publish your podcast.
Buzzsprout is one of the biggest hosting services around with a history spanning back to 2009.
Their podcast hosting features include detailed analytics, fast uploading speeds, and promotional tools, plus their close relationship with Spotify and iTunes makes them a popular choice (also see, “Buzzsprout Review“).
- Optimization of audio files once they’re uploaded and the ability to accept all kinds of file formats.
- Easy-to-use dashboard that’s been designed so that even absolute beginners can publish a podcast.
- Buzzsprout offers a range of free resources for podcasters, including video tutorials, industry podcasts, and a helpful online community.
- While it does offer free unlimited storage, you can only upload two hours of content a month which probably won’t be suitable for most.
- You’ll only be able to access the free plan for 90 days while you test the waters, then Buzzsprout asks you to upgrade to a paid plan.
The free plan with Buzzsprout is feature-rich but limited in how long you can use it, so if you want to stay with the host, you’ll need to pay. There are four paid plans to choose from if you do, ranging between $12 and $24 a month.
However, even at the highest level, the maximum storage possible is still only 12 hours of podcasts, which is sort of a letdown.
Acast is a paid podcast hosting platform that offers a generous free plan. Many features are available for beginner and basic podcasts, including unlimited storage, podcasting editing, marketing tools, and more.
- Unlimited storage on your account and unlimited outbound bandwidth give you room for everything you need.
- Access to some cool marketing tools to help you spread the word about your audio series and try to reach new listeners.
- Acast will help you build a basic website for your podcast, and it’s included in their free plan.
- The monetization options are limited on the free plan, so you’ll need to move up to a paid tier to earn through sponsorship and advertising.
- You can only operate one podcast on a free plan so if you have multiple it means managing a new account for each of them.
The free plan with Acast is pretty plentiful but if you want to get the most out of this hosting platform, upgrades are available.
The Influencer plan is just $14.99 a month with monetization options, and at the top level, their Ace plan costs $29.99 a month and has additional features like advanced support and transcripts.
Podomatic has been publishing podcasts for free since 2005, making it one of the longest-lasting in the business.
They allow for some uploads on their free version and it comes with lots of helpful tools to get your podcast on the ground, but like others, it pays to upgrade to a plan (also see, “Podomatic Review“).
- Podomatic has file conversion and optimization, so you can upload almost any type of file to be used on your podcast.
- More than just hosting, Podomatic lets you record, edit, publish and monetize your podcast without paying a cent.
- Even the paid plans are a lot cheaper than other podcast hosts so it’s a smart, budget-friendly approach.
- On the free version, you can only upload six hours or 20 episodes at a time, meaning most will want to upgrade eventually.
- The free plan has limited monetization options, so you’ll have to spend money to make money.
Although there’s a lot to offer on their free plan, Podomatic has, even more, features unlocked when you switch to one of their affordable paid ones.
With four plan options, including Pro for $2.99 a month, Pro Plus at $9.99 a month, Pro Platinum at $24.99 a month, and Broadcaster, which is customized to suit the podcast, there’s something here for every budget.
Spreaker’s motto is that they’re easy to start but powerful to scale, and they’re a great free option that lets you see what hosting is all about.
Among its features, you’ll find advanced analytics, a wide range of monetization options, and tools to help you grow your podcast from day one (also see, “Spreaker Review“).
- Spreaker lets you host up to five different podcasts on one account which is something no other free host does.
- Access to premium features like episode scheduling makes this one of the top performers you can access for free.
- The Spreaker Studio app lets you record and edit your podcast without moving away from this platform.
- You can’t monetize your podcast on a free plan with Spreaker, so it’s not ideal for those wanting to make money.
- Spreaker limits how much storage you get on the free plan, with just five hours of content storage possible.
The free option from Spreaker is somewhat limited but still an excellent way to dip your toes in and see what podcast hosting is all about until you’re ready to upgrade to a. paid plan.
You’ll find the On Air Talent plan budget-friendly at just $8 a month at the lower end of the scale. The Publisher plan costs $120 a month for those with a more serious podcast but unlocks 100% of the Spreaker features.
As one of the largest podcast hosting platforms in the world and one with plenty of benefits for free users, Podbean certainly deserved a place on our list.
Using this platform, you can create, manage, publish, and promote your show; it’s designed to be a one-stop shop for podcasters (also see, “Podbean Review“).
- An easy-to-use app that lets you work on your podcast from anywhere in the world.
- All of the support that paid users to enjoy will be offered to those on free plans, including iTunes support and an RSS feed.
- It goes above and beyond most hosting platforms by letting users also create and promote their podcasts using just this service.
- If you’re on a free plan, you won’t be able to use your domain name, so there are some limitations.
- The storage capacity on the free plan is just five hours’ worth of podcasts, so you’ll likely want to upgrade after a month.
The Podcast Starter plan is free for users and still has plenty to offer, but as your podcast grows, you can also scale up your plan.
The unlimited audio plan is just $9 a month with unlimited storage but with no options for monetization, or you can choose a plan for $29 a month.
At the higher end of the scale, the $99 a month Business plan is suitable for podcast networks and those who produce business podcasts.
Castbox is a free podcast app with over 20 million hosts relying on it to publish their audio programs. The thriving podcast app is home to some of the most popular series around and they have a whopping 95 million episodes on offer, signaling just how good they are.
- Almost everything is available to users on the free plan, so it’s not like you’re missing out on anything sticking with this model.
- Castbox has a solid reputation in the podcast world, and they back this up with loads of features and tools you can employ.
- The Castbox app is user-friendly, and lets you take your podcast every step of the way on a handheld device.
- Getting information on the storage space offered by Castbox is hard, and it seems to change frequently.
- The ads displayed in free mode can sometimes be overwhelming, so it’s better to spend a little and upgrade to remove them.
The Castbox premium plan unlocks benefits like no advertising, a personalized homepage, and unlimited subscriptions. The good news is, it’s a lot cheaper than you would guess and only costs around $10 annually.
There are other levels of premium plans on offer, but unless you’re hosting a podcast network and are looking for a solution, you don’t need to know about them.
| || || |
Receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card
Exclusive Offer 35% OFF
Starting at $17 a month
The Host with the Most
A podcast hosting service doesn’t have to cost a fortune just to be efficient, including how much storage they’re willing to offer.
We hope that our recommendations for the best free platforms will help you find a podcast host that can take your audio series to the next level without breaking the bank.
How to Choose the Best Podcast Hosting Site
Your choice of podcast hosting platform is crucial to your show’s long-term growth.
To continuously expand your listener base and grow your following, you must choose a podcast hosting site that will provide everything you need for uploads, distribution, analytics, monetization, and marketing.
With so many podcast hosting sites offering attractive features for free, it can be difficult to decide which one is the best for your show. The truth is, there is no single, perfect platform for every podcaster.
The best free podcast hosting site depends entirely on your current needs and where you want your show to go in the future.
Here are the main features you should consider:
#1 Bandwidth and Storage
Bandwidth refers to how much content you can stream monthly from your website. If you have unlimited bandwidth, thousands of listeners can stream all your available episodes simultaneously—you won’t have to worry about throttled quality or download speeds.
As for storage limits, you must think long-term. If you plan to produce and share hundreds of episodes for years to come, you need unlimited storage so your listeners can access all of your older content.
But if you are creating a limited podcast series, 1 or 2 GB of storage should be more than enough.
#2 Podcast Analytics
The best way to grow your audience is to keep giving them what they want. And the best way to get objective feedback from them is to track as much listener data as possible.
Your choice of free podcast hosting site should provide Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) Certified analytics that will help you create content that your audience is sure to engage with and respond to.
#3 Monetization Options
Again, it’s essential to keep an eye on the future of your podcast. If you foresee your show as a long-term endeavor, you may want to make money from the content you create.
You can leverage podcast hosting site features such as premium subscriptions, sponsorships, affiliate marketing, and ads.
A free podcast hosting site is a great way to try out a platform’s features and tools before deciding if it is the right fit for your show.
The podcasting platforms we mentioned on this list offer free plans, so you don’t need to worry about upgrading to a paid subscription later.
We hope you find a free podcast hosting site that meets all your needs and helps you save money down the line.
Check out our website for more podcasting guides if you found this article helpful.